Board of Directors
- Oversee the operation of the club.
- Run membership and board meetings.
- Write monthly “President’s Message” article for the Newsletter/Website.
- Take meeting minutes and distribute to all board members at least 1 week before each subsequent board meeting.
- E-mail any corrected minutes to board members.
- In charge of the 2nd PO box key.
- Secure meeting space for all board and general membership meetings.
- Coordinate for food/beverage refreshments to be available at each general membership meeting.
- Successfully plan all aspects of banquets, the summer picnic, the Happy Hour schedule and other non-snow events.
Position: Social Events Coordinator
- Perform the duties of the president in his/her absence.
- Coordinate all aspects of the mid-west trips.
- Maintain contact for trip leaders.
Position: Vice President
- Maintain and report monthly on the financial transactions on the club provided laptop computer.
- Reconcile the bank accounts monthly.
- In charge of the mail collection and PO box key.
- In charge of the club’s photo albums.
- In charge of the club’s wood sign.
- In charge of the club’s banners.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Out-west trips.
- Coordinate our yearly Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (CMSC) trip to Chicago.
Western Trip Chair
- Maintain the membership database.
- Monitor emails for inquiries about club activities including trips, meetings and membership; forward to the board or trip chairs any emails that require their attention.
- E-mail out the Newsletter.
Position: Membership Chair
- Administer the club’s website.
- Upload the Newsletter to the website.
Position: Web Architect
- Handle all advertising for the club.
- Solicit Newsletter/Website advertising.
- Keep “Gelande’Gear” inventory up to date.
Position: Marketing Chair
- Assemble the Newsletter.
- Prepare and publish all banquet/trip flyers as well as sign-up forms.
Position: Newsletter Editor