I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! With the holiday season upon us, I would like to remind everyone to come to our Christmas Party on December 23rd. This is also our pre-trip meeting for both the Marquette Day trip and the Lutsen trip. We will have free hors d’oeuvres and refreshments for all to enjoy. Please join us in kicking off the 2014-2015 Ski season!
I have some exciting news to announce: we have added three new chair positions to the board, all which will be an asset to our club:
- Penny Holman will be our Newsletter Editor Chair. She had been our Newsletter Editor for over 12 years & has agreed to come back. Brian Fowle will still be handling our Historian Chair position, and will transfer his knowledge to Penny.
- Donna Denil will be our Marketing Chair. She has been in the marketing business for quite a few years, so also comes to us with marketing experience.
- Jenny Lunde has agreed to be the Assistant to the Web Architect Chair. She is very familiar with Social Media and websites. She will be helping Sheri Gardapee, our Web Architect.
We’ve had a flurry of activity since our Fall Banquet. To drum up business, we were visible at the following functions:
- Zeller’s Ski and Sports in Green Bay had a Consignment Sale on October 25th where we had a table.
- The YMCA in Green Bay had their Ski and Sport Sale on November 2nd where we hung a banner.
- Then on November 8th, the Warren Miller film was shown at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay where we were also allowed to set up a table.
We have received quite a few new applications —so please be sure to welcome these new people to our great club upon meeting them!